Monday, January 10, 2011

...I can "Cook Up" quite a storm in the kitchen, I discovered!

Chicken Piri Piri became Chicken Pinsonnault Pinsonnault last night.

That's right, this "never-have-time-to-cook" newsguy found time to cook.  And even though I had to borrow (or as my favorite lawyer would tease(ly) me... "burrough... that's what it sounds like it when you say it.") some ingredients and utensils, the end product measured up to my expectations and more.

It's a simple enough recipe: mince up a jalapeno and throw it into a marinade of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, crushed red pepper and garlic, and salt.  Then dip your chicken breasts in so both sides get covered and grill it for about 10 minutes.  Or as I prefer the verb to be: Foreman it.   Place the cooked and marinaded and seasoned chicken on a bed of asparagus (or other grilled vegetables), pair with a side of wild African rice, drizzle some of the remaining peppery mixture on and voila!  You've got a restaurant-style meal for your consumption.

The only thing spicier was perhaps the Folie a Deux Napa Valley 2006 Cabernet I paired it with.  A perfect blend of flavors, with hints of berry, that accentuated the zest of the meal.  Throw in a dash of amazing company, and you could say it was a dinner I didn't want done for days, no doubt ;-)!

I'm now immensely looking forward to what's next on Chef Pinsonnault's, or as a friend suggested Chef Pinch-of-Salt's, menu. And for the first time in a long time, it won't be limited to cereal, mac n' cheese and pizza (though my recipes are top notch).

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment